Friday, October 11, 2013

Birthday Message 2013 for Jombo


Our youngest son Josemaria (Jombo) is officially an adult today, he is now 21. He's our unexpected, unplanned baby, but God gave him to us as "bonus"!

Do any of you remember how you looked forward to turning 21? I remember thinking it was the "magic number", the age where I could leave childhood behind me and I would be able to do anything I wanted to, because I was all "full-fledged " person. In some respects, turning 21 is the beginning of growing up. There is so much more to learn, more things to be responsible for, and grown-up choices to be made. Jombo may now be of age, but i will never stop being his mother. He may no longer my baby, but he will always be my cherished son. My hope and prayer that he will continue to grow with charm, dignity and maturity, and that he will be wise in the choices he makes in his life. I trust God with that.

We love you kiddo! Happy Birthday!