Thursday, January 30, 2014

My Musings for Today: Faith and God's Perfect Timing

I’d love to reiterate what FAITH and God's perfect timing means to me : that if we stay in faith, if we believe, then God will always answer our prayer within 24 hours, or at least within the week. But we know that’s not reality. God promises He will be true to His word, but He never puts a time frame on it. In fact, He tells us that we need patience to see the promises come to pass. Sure, it would be a lot easier if God tells us when we are going to recover from our illness, when we will meet the right person, or when we get our jobs back or when we get to reclaim our life. But the truth is, that would not take any faith. It takes faith to say, “God, I don’t know when You are going to do it, but I trust You enough to believe that You will do it, that the answer is a big YES and is already in my future.”

Today and every day let this be our prayer: “God, give me the grace to accept Your timing." That means we’re asking for God’s strength, His empowerment to stand strong while we are waiting. Let's choose to keep believing, choose to praise and thank Him, and choose to accept His timing knowing that He is faithful and has boundless blessings in store us!